2020 Election Key Dates
Each year, the Eclipse Foundation holds elections for board members representing two very
important groups within the Eclipse membership: the committers and the Sustaining Members
(Solutions Members and Enterprise Members). The terms of office for these elected board members
is one year, commencing April 1.
The $year elections have ended. The key dates are retained below for informational purposes.
- January 6, 2020: Nominations open. Nominations are to be sent as an email to email@example.com, with the subject "Sustaining Member Nomination" or "Committer
Nomination." As soon as possible after an individual is nominated, the Foundation will
contact the nominee to confirm their willingness to participate in the election and to serve
- January 31, 2020: Nominations close. The list of nominees and their HTML pages will be available on the
eclipse.org website as soon as possible thereafter. Each nominee will be provided with an
HTML template that outlines their background and vision for Eclipse as they are nominated. If the nominee
does not have an HTML editor handy, plain text submissions for formatting by the EMO staff will be accepted
- February 3, 2020: List of nominees made available on www.eclipse.org.
- February 5, 2020: Deadline for nominees to return their content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 7, 2020: Individual candidate pages ready for candidate review.
- February 11, 2020: Candidate personal pages made available on www.eclipse.org.
Discussion of the issues on the eclipse.foundation forum will be encouraged.
- February 12, 2020: Voting begins.
- March 3, 2020: Voting ends at 3pm Eastern time.
- March 10, 2020: New representatives announced.